Thursday, July 29, 2010

SaS- Salad FORK!


Happy Thursday Seekers! It’s time to Share a Spoon Salad Fork with my sissy! I’m most excited about this week’s salad theme! Not necessarily because they’re “healthy,” nope, I just happen to love salads. I’m actually surprised it wasn’t my idea! So thanks Daffy for the most excellent SaS theme!


So incase you haven’t noticed, I love sweets! Dessert is my favorite meal! If it involves chocolate, I’m all about it! So this week I’m going with a “sweet” salad, okay, it’s a fruit salad of sorts, but it’s still sweet! I got this recipe a couple of years ago from a girl I work with. And I’ve been making it ever since!


Grape Salad

4 lbs seedless grapes (2 lbs green/2lbs red)

8 oz sour cream
(you can use the reduced fat kind)

8 oz cream cheese
(you can use the reduced fat kind)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)



Okay, if you really think that I measure any of that stuff, you’re the nut! HA! I buy a bag of grapes, and call it even! The red grapes are my favorite, and I usually just use those, but for appearances, mixing the red and green grapes make for a prettier salad! Either way is fine, it’s your call!



The cream cheese needs to be at room temperature. I use a hand held mixer to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Now I know there is a similar recipe out there that calls for brown sugar, but let me just tell you, eeewwww, gross! I’ve had it both ways and I promise my way is so much better! I would not lie!

Once your “dressing” is smooth and creamy pour over the grapes and mix. Then top with the chopped nuts. Yes, it’s that easy! What can I say, I’m a simple kind of girl! The easier the better! However, I have ventured outside of my “baking” box here lately. I made a peach cobbler with Brandee’s triple berry cobbler recipe the other day, and it was so so YUMMAY! AND I made zucchini bread! Uh huh uh huh! Yes, I’m becoming quite the little Betty Crocker! HA!

Anyway, this is another one of my sweetheart’s favorites! And it’s definitely a another crowd pleaser! Everyone always loves this salad! What’s not to love? It’s grapes and a sweet dressing! (This dressing also pairs well with other fruits, so feel free to mix it up a bit). I hope you’ll try it out! Happy Eating!

5 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

The zucchini bread was AMAZING. I love this salad, and you are correct. It is WAY better your way. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Ive never had grape salad. I'll have to try it and see if my picky butt kids will eat it! Thanks for the recipe!!

Nancy C said...

There isn't any way this could go wrong. YUM.

gayle said...

I have never heard of this. It sounds very good!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site thetruthaccordingtobuffee.blogspot.com
Is this possible?