Monday, August 2, 2010

"Mr. Buffee's Truth"

To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward. . . .


My wedding vows, much like those of tradition wedding vows, included these words. At the time, I definitely meant them. But I didn’t know what they would mean to me down the road. I had no way of comprehending marriage, atleast not my own. If that even makes sense? I was 28 when I got married. I was ready to be settled and start a family.

I barely knew William when we got married. I mean how well can you really know someone after just 4 months? I had dated, but never anyone really serious for any length of time. I don’t know what in the world possessed me to marry him? HA! Maybe it was his handsome good looks (*smile* I still think he’s hot)! Or maybe it was his unbelievable story telling abilities? Whatever the reason, it was definitely insane! I can see why so many people get divorced.

With that said, I’m happy I did it. I can’t say that I’ve always felt this way. We’ve had a very long and difficult journey thus far. But we’ve done it together and that is why we’re still together. We’ve grown together, learned who we are together, as a couple, and as individuals. We’ve become the very best of friends. I didn’t necessarily marry my best friend, but I am married to my best friend now. And that is what makes our marriage work.

Marriage is all about accepting each other, for exactly who you are. Learning to compromise and loving each other unconditionally. William and I have this kind of marriage. (It’s taken us 5 plus years to get to this point, but I wouldn’t change it). I’m so thankful for that and for him. Each day is a new day together. I have a partner and a forever best friend to share my life with. ALL of my life, the good, the bad, the families, the OCD, and even the ugly! Somewhere along the lines, we weathered the storm, and came out on the other side together, stronger, and more in love.

Some days are hard and we have disagreements. And there are still days when I feel like I want to stab him in the eye with a fork. HA! But for the most part we have so much fun together and are really happy. Our marriage works for us, we make it work. For all the ugly in the world, he’s my shining light. Our marriage, our lives together, our family, is what makes my life happy.



Tomorrow, you’ll be able to meet this love of my life yourselves! Yes, that’s right, he’s decided to blog! It may or may not be short lived, but he’s atleast starting one! I’m actually really excited about it! He has a brilliant mind and mad writing skills! So it should be interesting! I’ll post a link tomorrow with my PINT! Read at your own risk! It will be uncensored and completely honest!

3 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

Nice tribute to marriage.

adrienzgirl said...

Mr. Uncle Wills is starting his blogomax! Woot! This ought to be good! :D

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! You 2 are cuties!!

I pray everyday that my husband does NOT start a blog. =)