Sunday, May 16, 2010

my new favorite thing. . . .

I love love love olives.  Black, green, small, medium, large, jumbo, any and every variety.  I've never met an olive I didn't like.  (The same goes for pickles).  I especially like to get the fresh ones from the market!  Yum-O!  They're great for snacking and salads!  My husband loves them too!  They're a staple in our house. 

The one thing that has always bothered me about black olives is the can they come in!  Typically we don't have left-over olives, but when we do, it's a pain in the neck trying to find a container to put them in.  My mother-in-law will mix them in with her green olives.  Um, seriously?  That's just wrong I tell you!  (That's like mixing cookies in the cookie jar or fruity candies with the chocolates).  I just don't do these things in my world.  I'm very funny about my foods tasting like they're suppose too.  I'm OCD that way!  

So I found a solution. . . . at least for the olives!

        
They have these at Publix now!  I've been carry around a coupon waiting for them to come out.  The coupon came from the Lindsay website, it was B1G1!  I don't think they have that coupon anymore, but you can print one for $1.00 off.  Then when I got them home there was another coupon under the cap!  (We're super fond of the coupons here at the Usina household)!   


I hope you all enjoy! 

3 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

Super stoked about these. I haven't picked them up yet, but now I can keep cold black olives in the fridge just like my green ones! I can grab a few anytime I want them! Suh-weet!

gayle said...

Wish we had these in our area!! Love all olives but only dill pickles!!

California Keys said...

I think i might be the only person on earth who doesn't like olives....